a) Your Rights as a Customer
You our most valued members of Naku Sacco have the following rights
- You have the right to make enquiries and complaints when not satisfied with the level of service offered
- It is your right to receive courteous and considerate treatment in your transactions with us
- It is within your rights to receive clearly written explanations of decisions that affect you directly
- You have a right to receive efficient services
- You have a right to make suggestions that can enable the society to provide better services
b) Expectations from Our Customers
In support of our service to you and an improvement in our performance:
1. Treat Naku Sacco staff with courtesy and respect
2. Abide by the by-laws, rules and regulations governing the operation of Naku Sacco
3. Provide accurate and complete documentation to facilitate fast processing of your request
4. Uphold transparency and accountability to your transaction with the Sacco
5. Provide feedback and comments on services delivered and suggest ways of improving them
c) Complaint Handling and Resolution
- We encourage customers to forward complaints and suggestions or compliments to us. We guarantee confidentiality and respect to all complaints made
- We acknowledge receipt of and respond to all complaints made within 24 working hours
- If the matter requires investigation and time to be resolved, we shall inform you of the intended course of action and time-frame required
d) Finance Policy
This ensures continuous process of planning (through budgets and forecasts) controlling, monitoring and reporting of the aspects of the SACCO. To achieve proper financial management, the policy sets certain principles that should underline and act as guiding force in the evolution of the systems and procedures of the society.
e) Procurement Policy
The procurement policy’s objective is to provide the right quality of goods and services, in the right quantities, from the right sources, at the right prices and right time.
The specific objectives are
- Spell out standard procurement practices and procedures
- Provide easily understood advice, guidance and operation instructions on all matters relating to procurement of goods, services and works within the Sacco.
- Specify duties and responsibilities of Naku Sacco Ltd personnel involved in the procurement process
- Introduce procurement guidelines applicable to Naku Sacco Ltd as both a community based institution and an organization guided, bound and regulated by various laws and rules from relevant government agencies.
- Facilitate harmonious interactions of the procurement division with other divisions both at the head quarters and branches
- Facilitate efficient accountability of funds availed for acquisition of goods and services
- Inculcate a professional approach to procurement with the view to obtaining best value for money
- Acts as a basic training tool in procurement for Naku Sacco employees and officials as well as a reference document for persons involved in making procurement decision within Naku Sacco
- Facilitate ease of monitoring and the audit within Naku Sacco Ltd.
f) Loan Policy
The loan policy ensures the following of clear setoff rules, procurement and policies in issuing loans and loan repayment. It is intended to:
- Provide directions
- Present guidelines
- Ensure the proper utilization and administration of the society’s loan portfolio in order to ensure that the society’s interest is adequately protected.
- Equitable distribution of funds
- Encourage liquidity planning to enhance effective
g) ICT Policy
This will reduce risks associated with the use of information technology and boost employee’s productivity while improving communication between branches
The following reasons compelled Naku Sacco to develop formal ICT policies and procedures
- The need for elimination or minimization of risk and improvement of communication
- The need to establish a desired behavior or process to be followed in the organization’s ICT related activities
- Educate employees on ICT related issues
h) Staff Policy
This staff policy addresses the personnel and management matters in Naku Sacco Society
The main aim of writing this manual is to create an enabling environment for the staff to offer impeccable services to the members so as to improve the economic conditions for the society members and consequently the staff.
i) Code of Conduct
The application of code of conduct is intended to introduce specific performance and behavioral standards and must be committed to by anyone elected or appointed by the management of the Sacco.
The objectives of the code of conduct are as follows:
- To set down and promulgate the basic ethical principles which committee members and staff should observe
- To institutionalize member participation in the Sacco matters
- To secure adherence to principles of good practice
- To promote and maintain confidence in the Sacco system
- To assist and prevent the development of undesirable practice
- To harmonize the concept of profitability and responsibility
j) Service Charter
This will put in place standards that will guard the Naku Sacco Management committee and staff in the provision of high quality service to members.
It is keeping in line with existing by laws, rules and regulation, norm, professionalism, ethics and most importantly customer expectations. It identifies areas in which Naku Sacco operates, defines the responsibilities of our management committee and staff identifies the key control indicators that will facilitate the delivery of high quality service.
The charter is part of our resolve to continuously improve our service and meet members’ expectations. It also spells our commitment to serving members with clear standards so as to ensure quality, efficient and effective delivery of service.